The earliest T-shirts were designed as men’s wear, to cover themselves in the summer months, in the 1800s. Since then, this apparel has gained popularity with variations in size, cuts and several ways and occasions that they can be worn in. However, it was only in the 1960s that women started wearing them and today you have a huge variety of choice from some of the leading brands.
5 Most Popular Types of T-shirts Online
You will find yourself overwhelmed by the options available for T-shirts online. Whether or not you are fashion conscious, knowing the various types of T-shirts would help you make a decision when making a selection.
- Vintage Sports T-shirts: They are perhaps the most popular T-shirts and are meant for casual wear. While it may not be a great idea to wear your favorite football team’s jersey to work, even on casual Fridays, sports T-shirts with vintage clubs and team names could bring a classic touch to your work wear and not be boring. The latest trends, however, are based on celebrity merchandise in the form of T-shirts for wrestlers and sports personalities.
- Polo T-shirts: A lot of people believe that designers such as Ralph Lauren popularized this form of T-shirt. Though this may be true, golfers and prep scholars were often seen wearing them. The fabulous versatility of polo t-shirts came to the limelight much later. They are perfect for summers and have a semi-formal appearance, making them a safe choice of T-shirts online.
- The Nautical T-shirts: These types of T-shirts are perfect for cooler weathers and can be worn by men of all ages, shapes and sizes. They are mostly popular in single colors or stripes and have never lost out in the men’s fashion scene since they were first popularized.
- Graphic T-shirts: The best part about this type of T-shirt is the concept of minimalism. Minimal graphics, albeit high quality ones, on a T-shirt can look fashionable and formal. These types of garments attract more attention that those that seem to be trying too hard with overwhelmingly loud graphics.
- V-Neck T-shirts: T-shirts with the “V” collar shape have been reintroduced every decade, while addressing different types of looks. Whether it is a baggy full-sleeve hipster T-shirt or a half-sleeve V-neck T-shirt worn by street magician David Blaine, it has created an impact for the image of the wearer.
5 Cool Facts About T-Shirts
Once you have selected your T-shirt online, you can pair it with informal pants, jeans, shorts or three-quarters. This apparel goes well with just about anything. Collared T-shirts are considered to be more formal than either round-neck or V-neck T-shirts.
Here are five awesome facts about T-shirts that you may or may not know:
- The first promotional T-shirt that was designed was for the family classic feature film “The Wizard of Oz”.
- If you were a man of the 1960s, you would already know that tie and dye t-shirts were very popular then and a lot of musicians were often seen wearing them.
- Today, T-shirts form the minimal merchandise for musicians, sports team events and even causes because they have always been inexpensive.
- The term ‘T-shirt’ was adopted into the English language officially, appearing first on the renowned Merriam Webster dictionary, as early as the 1920s.
- This apparel formed a comfortable undergarment for American troops during World War II. Yes, Captain America wore them too in the comic books that were popularized then.
So, next time you are searching for T-shirts online, you will indeed have an idea of what to get yourself.