Really an amazing option for the money if you want to get the job done and are not afraid to have a few fiddles with a less than ideal 'tray' and charging scenario. If you can put up with that then you might find this ideal. It isnt for cutting your hair but can be used very well to trim a beard.
Looking for a cost effective (but effective) men's grooming solution? Then this men's grooming product might just be perfect for you. Well, before we get into the product details, let's look at all the items we get bundled with this grooming set.
So, the Wahl 9916-1117 Groomsman Rechargeable Trimmer Set comes with the following items:
- A Cordless Rechargeable Trimmer
- A Charger
- Three Attachment Combs
- A Storage Stand
- A Moustache Comb
- A bottle of Clipper Oil
- A Cleaning Brush
Now, first of all, this product is almost halfway in price as compared to its other counterparts. So you might want to keep this in mind while making the final decision. Secondly, one of its biggest features marketed is a cordless use. Although it is impressive for this price range, the product provides you with a runtime of 60 minutes on a 12-hour charge. Well, that's a lot of time consumption. Also, this model, unlike its expensive brothers, doesn't even have a quick charge feature.
Next up, the blades are made of high-carbon precision ground blades which ensure that the blades remain sharp for a long time. The sharp blades along with variable combs add more versatility to your beard styles. Multi-position guide comb helps you easily set the required length setting ranging from 1.5mm - 13mm. Also, 0.5mm is as close as you can get. Lastly, you can use the cleaning brush to clean the kit although cleaning it isn’t the easiest task out there.
Watch this video to get probably the fastest way to see if it fits your particular shaving and grooming need
Talking about the kit, the kit is decent but isn’t able to accommodate all the items as efficiently as the company promises. Now, as we have talked a lot about the product, let’s summarize its pros and cons.
- Great for shaving off a beard and doing exacting lines and detail work.
- Support for cordless use for on the go usage.
- Long-lasting precision-carbon ground blades for sharp and detailed trimming.
- Attachment Combs with length setting from 1.5mm to 13mm with 0.5mm as the closest possible trim for loads of grooming styles to try.
- Multi-position guide comb for easy and fast length adjustment.
- 60 minutes of cordless use after a full charge.
- Ergonomic design for increased comfort while trimming.
- Very low price as compared to other similar products out there.
- Very long charging time of 12 hours. However if you have the corded option this won't be an issue.
- No quick charge support for an emergency trim.
- Not the easiest product to get the attachments on.
- The kit doesn’t exactly solve every purpose.
Well, we have elaborately about the product but the conclusion is that with a bit of planning and time-management related to your grooming, this could be a top notch economic men’s grooming product.