Free up the way you listen to music with a portable bluetooth speaker. I review the Ultimate Ears Boom - one of the more expensive ones on the market but that simply seem more appealing than the rest. One of the less spoken of features is the mysterious logo showing IPX4 on the rear - this means that it can handle splashes and maybe even use in the shower ! I wouldnt need to go to those lengths but it clearly won't have an issue therefore with moisture - so long as it isnt extended contact with it.
Its easy to get up and running and the mobile app helps set this up if you run into any troubles. The app is also used to set some rqualization modes that and enable the stero mode. Stero mode requires two boom's to work and give you proper stereo. But I don't think that is the reason you would go for this product. This isn't about getting the best quality sound though it does well for a unit sized as it is. This is about protability and ease of use and general xfactor.
Some good things about the boom are
- 360-degree speaker helps to avoid the non stereo issue prevalent in single speaker setups
- Do things remotely - wirelessly switching songs, adjust the volume, for example take phone calls (basically whatever audio would come from your device gets chanelled to the boom) from up to 50 feet away
- It has a plasma coating for dirt resistance - wow
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music - yet untested by myself
- Connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Organise yourself with the ue boom's alarm feature
- IPX4 rated against water ingress more info