3 minutes reading time
Top 10 faux Pas by Celebs
You love them, adore their artistic work or contribution to society but celebrities can at times disappoint in terms of fashion. This is quite ironic because in the fashion world they serve as trend setters. However if you are keen, especially in the best jewellery trends, you must have seen some eerie styles by celebrities that cannot just go unnoticed.
They say that to become the best you must learn from the best but in this case you can learn from the worst mistakes made by these public figures. Before you buy online diamond jewellery, take a lesson from these celebs on how ‘not to wear it’ to any event:
- Accessory overload: Unless you are Johnny Depp in the pirates of Caribbean, avoid excessive jewellery. This is what Lady Gaga offers on the fashion red carpet and before you go ahead and copy it, consider that she gets away with even a meat dress. So just wear what is reasonable and leave the rest at home, after all there is a tomorrow. If you are not Mr. T, please do not overdo it.
- The signet ring: You must have come across multiple of these in online jewellery stores. Now unless you are Prince Charles (and he rightfully wears one) do not wear a signet. Of course if you are royalty go ahead and have your family crest engraved on it.
- Over beaded necklace: It was probably a good idea for Sarah Jessica Park to wear Carrie Bradshaw' but the beaded necklace is not really the way to go. It really gives you a 90s look in the 21st century.
- The J-Lo engagement ring: It might have cost $3 million but it was really wrong for J-Lo to wear that ring after the cancellation of the engagement. It really shows desperation, why not wear something else?
- Zarah Philip’s tongue stud: What would the queen’s granddaughter have been thinking while piercing her tongue? You must be wondering this but it is true and you can see why she is not the most popular royal.
- Angelina Jolie’s blood necklace: It makes sense to commit yourself to a relationship but is wearing a diamond chain with your husband’s blood vial really necessary? What if the relationship goes south? Mind you, it did!
- Ugly Pat Butcher’s earrings: You must have seen this combination of earrings on her ears. Probably calling them trinity rings would be much kinder.
- Multi coloured hair: Unless you are Nick Minaj or Miley Cyrus, avoid this bubble gum look that makes you look like a kindergarten denizen.
- Lily Allen Christmas decoration: You definitely love her but wearing a dress top with all those Christmas-like frills as accessories is going to change your opinion of her.
- Nick Minaj’s sweet ice cream cone necklace: By now you know this is one character whose fashion sense should not inspire you. This necklace was to say the least just forgettable.
There are many more crazy jewellery celebrities out there who get it wrong every time. The rule of thumb is to never copy just because of the hype, after all hype can both be negative or positive.