3 minutes reading time
8 Best Pool Filters Review
A very good pool filter will leave a pool no matter the size with water that is crystal clear. There are many brands out there for consumers to pick from and this article will look at the best pool filters money can buy.
- 1.Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump For Above Grounds Pools
This pool filter has had positive reviews from customers because it is very easy to maintain and it is affordable.
- It does not tip over
- It is not noisy
- Very simple to set up
- It does not remove small debris effectively
- 2.Hayward C900 Star Clear Cartridge Pool Filter
This pool filter is a favourite among consumers because it is plenty going on and it does its job very well.
- Very simple to set up and assemble
- Easy to maintain
- Made by one of the most established pool companies
- Great for filtering
- The O-ring on this filter is of poor quality
- The paint on this pool filter is known to deteriorate very quickly
- 3.Hayward EC40AC Perflex Extended Cycle D.E
This pool filter is suited for saltwater and freshwater pool because it performs at a very high level.
- Installation and cleaning is very easy
- There no need to look at the manual
- Easy to maintain
- The instruction manual is known to be poor
- Causes clogs in pools especially small pools
- 4.Hayward DE 4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filters
These filters are designed for spas as well as in ground pools and they have plenty of benefits to the consumers.
- Just like every other filter on the list, this is very easy to install
- It is very affordable
- Very simple to install
- It does the job effectively
- One things consumers do not like about this filter is a slide value does not come with it
- 5.Hayward S244T ProSeries 24" In Ground Sand Pool Filter
The main reason why this filter sells so much is its efficient and reliable filtering system which makes it a pool owners dream.
- The cartridges that come with this pool filter are very easy to clean
- It is a very efficient pool filter
- It can sometimes leaks
- 6.Pro 2400GPH 13" Sand Filter Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump 10000GAL
This filter comes with a system tray and strainer basket which holds up to 43 pounds of sand.
- One of the most reliable filters out there
- Can easily be afforded
- It does not make loud noises
- It is very difficult to install and it is advised to hire a pool man
- The instructions manual does not offer detailed information
- 7.Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21 Sand Filer System with 1.5HP Matrix Pump
This filter and pump combo is one of the best on the market and works well on shallow and small pools.
- Very easy to install
- Very cheap
- Does the job very well
- The manual that comes with it is not very good
- 8.Hayward C12002 Star Clear 120 Square Foot 2 Inch FIP Pipe Pool Filter
This pool filter can safely be used for in ground pools and above ground pool as well. It also works well in spas and saltwater swimming pools.
- The instructions manual is very helpful and detailed
- Cartridges are easy to place, clean and remove.
- The cartridges can last between three to five years
Cost of cartridges is very high